Monday, November 27, 2006

Harrogate, knitting and stitching

Well although the Knitting/yarn stalls where hidden amongst the stitching i still managed to find some nice yarns and some new toys. there was this nice hemp flower set, I like having something little that I can work on at work - well when I get a free minuet. The big cone was more of a I could do something intresting with that type buy.



This baby pink lace weight kid mohair is for my soph she wants gloves like her mum, and will also get a scarf as she only has didy hands.







This is kid mohair and think it was marino 2 ply, along with a little hook this is going to make a nice something, it hasnt quiet decided yet so is just sitting on the table looking lovely, and making me think of rivers.





And this lace weight silk is to be come a shawl,










Finaly, well last picture, a big hook for big wool scarfs for the winter :-), For reference the green and white hook is a 15mm.

Now I just have to finish everything on my todo/christmass project lists and then I can get out my small hooks and play with thin yarns.

3 comments:

PURLPOWER said...

I didn't know you had a blog! Cool stuff. Love the pics of you and Jen on her blog with the big needle!

Unknown said...

Lovely piccies! Lovely yarn! That laceweight blue mohair looks gorgeous.....

PURLPOWER said...

me again. if you're having problems with the dpns for fetching you could always try one of those small circular needles that Addi sell. I can't get on with them myself but some people find them much easier than DPNS.