Sunday, November 02, 2008

Raspberries and Orchids

Well despite the fact that that the weather has now decided that it is winter, and my mistreatment of these plants.
My raspberries have decided to ripen - they have been on the bush for a while, and despite being an autumn variety never expected any this year. So thees are officially the first edible thing to come from my garden, and tasted lovely

I then came in on Friday night to find that my orchid had decided to open another flower. I never expected this to live at all. It was an impulse buy from Lidl and has lived next to the kettle since arriving home - and obviously likes it there, it is also nice that this flower open just as the three that where already there where starting to fail. Have to excuse the quality of this photo the camera was accidiently on museum mode so everything goes slightly yellow

No comments: