Saturday, March 22, 2008

Last weekend in Oxford

I had a good weekend, lots of good food and just being away from home. The buildings down their are lovely, but not they aint Durham but I would say that. We where only there a couple of days so didnt do much. The Natural History Museum and the Pitt Rivers where the only places we went round. well other then a bit of a walk round the collages.. It was great seeing in real life skelitons that I had studied in text books. The insect collections where also amazing. The Pit Rivers is an odd colection of just about every thing, all in cases of similar things. It was a lot to take in when you arnt expecting it. It was great just wandering around looking at things some so old but brilliently crafted. There was also a lot of textile crafts including a case of spindals. Not a good photo I know but it was dark in there and I didn't want to be using the flash.

No comments: